New York Erb’s Palsy Lawyers and Attorneys
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
Erb's Palsy is also known as brachial plexus injuries and shoulder dystocia. This type of birth injury can cause harm to both the infant and the mother. This injury can be caused when the baby's shoulder becomes trapped during delivery. The shoulder can be trapped behind the pubic bone and inhibit the baby from being able to leave the birth canal.
In some cases the infant's head is able to be delivered, but the rest of the body remains trapped in the birth canal. If excessive force is applied while the shoulder is stuck, the nerve roots in the spinal cord which connect to the shoulder, arm and hand, can be bruised, damaged or torn out.
Compensation for Damages in Erb's Palsy Injuries
Children who have suffered this injury could be facing life with a limp or paralyzed arm, lack of muscle control in the arm or hand or a decrease of sensation in the arm or hand. In some cases, the arm cannot flourish and as the child grows, the affected arm has no movement at the elbow. Other symptoms could include Horner's Syndrome, in which the eyelid droops and the pupil is smaller which can be a symptom when the sympathetic nervous system is affected by the injury.
If your child is diagnosed with Erb's Palsy, you should contact an experienced New York medical malpractice attorney without delay. The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC specializes in medical malpractice litigation in all types of birth injury cases, including those in which a child is exhibiting the symptoms of Erb's palsy. There is nothing that is more devastating to a family than having their newborn child suffering a serious illness or injury.
When medical malpractice has led to the condition, it is important that you act quickly and contact our firm so we can obtain and preserve all the supporting evidence and interview the attending medical personnel. Most cases involving a birth injury are heavily litigated by insurance company attorneys that are hired to defend the medical professionals involved.
Our successful history in court as well as our ability to call upon powerful resources to support our claim can be of great benefit to you and your family with regard to recovering the compensation needed for your child.
Our New York Lawyers Specialize In Erb's Palsy Cases
If your child has Erb’s palsy or other serious birth injuries, make sure you contact the best Erb's Palsy Lawyers in New York City, NY. Joseph Lichtenstein and the rest of his firm have significant experience with handling complex Erb's palsy and other birth injury cases. We consistently rank as the top New York Erb's palsy attorneys and commit to doing everything possible to get the most favorable settlement for our clients to protect the future health and well-being of their loved ones.
Visit our Contact page or give us a call at to talk to a reputable New York Erb's palsy attorney, today. We handle cases across all of metropolitan New York City including the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester Communities, as well as the Suffolk and Nassau Counties.
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;