"If We Don't Win, You Don't Pay!"
Experienced New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serving Clients In Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, West Chester County
Misdiagnosis of Meningitis
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
Medical malpractice comes in all shapes and forms and could affect anyone at any time. One serious concern across the country is that of misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose certain conditions and ailments. If a condition or illness goes undiagnosed, it also means that it is going untreated. If you or a loved one were affected because a doctor did not take the reasonable steps to accurately diagnose your condition, they could be held directly responsible for any pain and suffering that you had to go through.
Meningitis Explained: Causes and Symptoms
Meningitis is an infection that affects the brain and spinal cord. Common causes for this include irritation by chemicals, allergies, fungi and tumors. There are several different strains of this bacterial infection, some more serious than other. Some strains are able to heal completely on their own. Other, however, are so serious that if they are left untreated they will result in extensive brain damage. Acute bacterial meningitis not only needs immediate medical attention, but is considered a medical emergency. It can spread at a shockingly rapid pace and leave the victim dead within a matter of days. Some symptoms of meningitis include fever, sore or stiff neck, light sensitivity, nausea and headaches.
What happens if left untreated?
If properly diagnosed, meningitis will be treated typically through antibiotics prescribed by your physician. This can be used to treat the infection; however, in some instances, medication will be needed to treat the other symptoms, including the swelling of the brain and seizures. Hospital stays may be required depending on the severity of the infection and the amount of time that it has gone untreated. While this condition is typically treatable, it has been reported that it can be a fatal condition if left untreated. What starts off as a minor rash, with blood spots covering the skin will quickly turn into excessive bleeding under the skin and large bruises. Eventually, it will become a life-threatening condition as it will cause excessive damage to both the brain and the nervous system. Contact our firm for help in your misdiagnosis case!
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;