"If We Don't Win, You Don't Pay!"
Experienced New York City Medical Malpractice Lawyers Serving Clients In Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, West Chester County
Plastic Surgery Errors
Serving Clients Throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
Plastic surgeries can range from minimally invasive surgeries to major surgeries involving general anesthesia. In April 2012, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) detailed the previous year in regards to cosmetic surgeries in their annual report. What was found was startling. With over a million surgeries and over fourteen million cosmetic procedures, the most common included the following:
- Breast augmentation;
- Nose reshaping;
- Eyelid surgery;
- Face lift;
- Tummy tuck;
- Breast lift;
- Forehead lift; and
- Surgery to reshape the ears
While these procedures have become substantially safer over the years, they are not without their dangers. Unfortunately, what most people don't realize is that any medical doctor is legally able to perform a cosmetic surgery, regardless of whether or not they actually specialize in that area. Throughout the nation, people have found themselves suffering at the hands of dentists, gynecologists and even pediatricians performing cosmetic procedures that range from injections of Botox to surgeries.
Mistakes Made During Cosmetic Procedures
An error can occur when one of the health care providers you are entrusting with your care makes a negligent error that results in pain and / or illness. This can include not properly monitoring the patient while under anesthesia, performing the wrong procedure on the patient, performing the correct procedure improperly or poorly, administering the wrong medication, administering the correct medication in an incorrect dosage, administering two medications that do not react well to each other, or any other number of negligent mistakes. In extreme cases, an error can lead to death.
Call our firm right away if you have suffered from a plastic surgery error!
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;