Doctor Error Lawsuits in New York
Serving Clients throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
If you or a loved one is suffering because of an error on the part of your doctor, you may have a medical malpractice claim against this individual. A doctor’s error occurs when your doctor fails to diagnose you, misdiagnoses you, prescribes the wrong treatment for your illness, executes the correct treatment poorly, prescribes the wrong drug for you, or any other number of negligent mistakes.
The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC is a legal group with over 60 years combined experience. We have handled doctor’s error lawsuits in NYC and the surrounding areas, and our medical malpractice lawyer may be able to get you compensation for your pain and suffering. Contact us today.
Common Sources of Mistakes
- Misdiagnosis –This occurs when the doctor straight up gets something wrong by giving the wrong diagnosis for a set of symptoms. According to a study conducted by the Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, the most common sources of misdiagnosis include infection, neoplasm, myocardial infarction, pulmonary emboli and cardiovascular disease.
- Failure to Diagnose – Similar, another form of serious doctor error is in failing to diagnose altogether. If the doctor negligently or recklessly missed warning signs and failed to diagnose a serious disease or disorder, it can lead to an inability of the patient to receive the care and treatment that they deserve – and therefore cause them to suffer worse medical issues.
- Birthing Injuries – Utilizing too much force during childbirth, failing to diagnose medical conditions targeting the mother and failing to respond to distress can lead to injuries both in prenatal care and during the actual childbirth. This can lead to lifelong injuries sustained by the child, as well as injuries inflicted upon the month – sometimes even life-threatening.
- Medication Errors – According to a 2006 study, over a million people suffer from an error in medication every year. This could stem from writing down an incorrect dosage, giving the wrong medication altogether and using faulty equipment.
- Anesthesia Errors – Used by medical professionals to help ease medical procedures, there are instances where anesthesia can do more harm than good. Administering too high or low a dosage, failing to note bad reactions, as well as not monitoring vital signs can lead to life-threatening risks.
- Surgical Errors – With the inherent risk of surgeries, it is not surprising to learn that surgeries are a common source of error. Puncturing an organ, operating on the wrong location (for example, amputating the wrong limb), or leaving instruments behind can all occur by reckless or negligent staff.
Protecting Victims of Doctor Negligence
If you have suffered because of a doctor error, the results may include having to miss work, having huge medical bills, and still being unwell and not getting the proper treatment for your ailments. In extreme cases, a doctor’s error can even lead to a patient’s death. If you or someone you love has suffered because of a doctor’s error, it is important that you get the help you need to cover your medical bills, compensate for your lost wages, and ease your pain and suffering.
Our firm is dedicated to getting the victims of medical malpractice and negligence the legal help they need so they can go back to leading a normal, financially stable life.
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein is comprised of a group of experienced and dedicated attorneys. Our malpractice attorneys have been asked to lecture at medical malpractice law conferences around the country. Our NYC medical malpractice lawyer will fight tirelessly on your case to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
We understand the sensitive nature of medical cases, and we realize that you may be suffering from a medical ailment still. We always communicate sensitively with our clients and we will do everything we can on your case. We have won multimillion dollar settlements for our clients and we may be able to help.
Contact us today for the representation that you need in your case!
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein provides legal services to most areas around New York City, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan, as well as Long Island, Westchester, Suffolk County, and Nassau County. We offer New York communities our expertise as birth injury lawyers, among other legal services. For more information on our services, or to schedule a consultation, visit our contact us page or call us at (888) 392-3104.
- $47 Million Dollar Verdict in Brooklyn Case for a Brain Injured Baby;
- $8 Million Dollars Settlement Value in Nassau County Case for Brain Damaged Baby;
- $5 Million Dollar Settlement in Queens Case for Woman injured by a truck;
- $4.4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Woman with a Stroke;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for baby with cerebral palsy from medical Malpractice;
- $4 Million Dollar Settlement in Bronx Case for Baby brain damages in Hospital;
- $2.75 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case involving a fire from a product defect;
- $2.6 Million Dollar Verdict in New York City Case for a Man Dying from a Heart Attack;
- $2.5 Million Dollar Settlement in Brooklyn Case for baby brain damages at birth;
- $2 Million Dollar Settlement in an Orange County Case for a baby brain damaged at birth;
- $1.8 Million Dollar Settlement after Verdict in Westchester County Case involving a truck accident;